1lb Chinese/Napa cabbage cut
6-8 dried shiitake mushrooms soaked & sliced (reserve liquid)
1” ginger, chopped
1.5 cups brown mushrooms sliced
4-5 stalks scallions cut in short lengths
2 tbsp rice wine
salt & pepper to taste
sesame oil to drizzle
1 lb of pork bones
- In crockpot, put pork bones, ginger with enough water to cover the bones (about 6-7 cups of boiled water)
- Boil at high for total of approx. 6-7 hours.
- At the 5th hour, add sliced shiitake and brown mushrooms. Add the liquid from the soaked shiitake mushrooms too. Boil for another 1 hour
- 30 mins before the time is up, add cabbage, scallions, rice wine and s&p to taste.
- Before serving, drizzle sesame oil
All the ingredients from option 1 minus the pork bones
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/3 cup fried bacon
5 cups chicken stock
- Fry bacon. Add ginger and brown mushrooms.
- Boil with chicken stock.
- Add scallions, rice wine, cabbage, shiitake mushrooms, s&p. Pour in liquid from soaked shiitake mushrooms too.
- Drizzle with sesame oil before serving.
One thought on “Chinese Cabbage & Shiitake Mushroom Soup”